Course 20334B: Core Solutions of Skype for Business 2015 (90 Day)
About this course
|First published:||07 July 2016|
About this course
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills that are required to plan, deploy, configure, and administer a Skype for Business 2015 solution. Students will learn how to deploy a multi-site and highly available Skype for Business infrastructure that supports instant messaging, conferencing, Persistent Chat, archiving, and monitoring. Students will also learn how to manage and maintain the infrastructure and how to troubleshoot issues that might arise. This course focuses primarily on an on-premises Skype for Business deployment, but it does include information on how to integrate an on-premises deployment with Skype for Business Online and how to migrate from previous versions of Lync Server. This course helps students prepare for Exam 70-334.
The primary audience for this course is information technology (IT) professionals who are responsible for the Skype for Business 2015 deployment in their organizations. Experience with previous versions of Lync Server is beneficial but not required to take this course. Students should be proficient with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), data networks, and telecommunications standards and components that support the configuration of Skype for Business. Students should also be familiar with Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Office 365.
The secondary audience for this course includes IT professionals who are planning to take the exam 70-334: Core Solutions of Skype for Business 2015 as a stand-alone exam or as part of the requirement for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Communications certification exam.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Skype for Business 2015 architecture and design a Skype for Business 2015 topology.
- Install and implement Skype for Business Server 2015.
- Administer Skype for Business Server 2015 by using various tools.
- Configure users and clients in Skype for Business 2015.
- Configure and implement conferencing in Skype for Business 2015.
- Implement additional conferencing options, such as dial-in conferencing, Microsoft Lync Room System (LRS), and Skype Meeting Broadcast.
- Design and implement monitoring and archiving in Skype for Business 2015.
- Deploy Skype for Business 2015 external access.
- Implement Persistent Chat in Skype for Business 2015.
- Implement high availability in Skype for Business 2015.
- Implement disaster recovery in Skype for Business 2015.
- Design and deploy a hybrid Skype for Business environment.
- Plan and implement an upgrade from Lync Server to Skype for Business Server 2015.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have:
- A minimum of two years of experience administering Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- A minimum of two years of experience working with AD DS.
- A minimum of two years of experience working with name resolution, including Domain Name System (DNS).
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates.
- Experience working with the Windows PowerShell command-line interface.
- An understanding of data networks and telecommunications standards and components.