Here is a list of new Azure features announced during Ignite 2019, that in my opinion you should learn more.
This is not a complete list – just I noticed them, and it is only for Azure. Some of them could be announced before.
- New Sizes Daav4, Eav4, NVv4, NDv2
- OS Disk Size 2TB+, 12 TB RAM (VM Gen2)
- Reservation – pay by month.
Virtual Machine Scale Set:
- Different Sizes of VMs in Scale Set;
- Faster provisioning of custom images.
- Azure Availability Zones;
- Different Sizes of VMs;
- API – security with authenticated IP;
Azure Containers Instances:
- GA – Windows 2019 based containers;
- Windows Container in your Vnet.
Azure Arc, Azure, Azure Resource Manager:
- Single Control Plane for any resource anywhere.
- Assessment for Not Virtualized Environment;
- CSV import-based discovery;
- Dependency Mapping without installing Agent;
- Web App migration;
- Virtual Desktop migration;
- GA- Agent Less Migrate for VMWare.
- .net Core 3.0 (Preview);
- Support Python 3.7;
- Durable Functions 2.0;
- Azure Monitor – Logs;
- PowerShell support GA;
- Premium Functions – GA.
- Developer Portal – GA;
- ARC API Management Gateway – Public Preview.
- App Services Certificate – Multiple cert for multiple hostnames
- App Templates for Industries;
- Azure Time Series Insights;
- Azure Maps;
- Power BI Integration;
- AccuWeather integration;
- Plug & Play;
- Preview Maps private indoor mapping.
Azure Firewall Manager – Public Preview
- Azure Stack is now Azure Stack HUB, and we have also Azure Stack Edge and Azure Stack HCI
Azure Stack Hub:
- Event Hubs
- Kubernetes Clusters
- Windows Virtual Desktop – Private Preview